Dr. Simon Roberts - Sports Science Management Consultants - LJMU
· Reader/Associate Professor in Sport & Exercise Pedagogy.
· Extensive research in the area of sport and performance, and has published a number of peer reviewed scientific reports in this domain.
· Recent research has focused on talent identification and development in elite-youth football.
· Collaborations with the English Football Association and two Premier League Football Clubs.
· Recently co-authored a Special Issue on Talent Identification in elite-youth football and intends to continue this work via a FIFA funded research scholarship.
The BiBCOM project will help coaches and analysts working in performance domains such as professional football monitor the attentional and perceptual demands placed on players. Due to the complex nature of the football environment it is well established that talented youth players require a combination of technical, tactical, physiological, and cognitive attributes. The training of cognitive and perceptual demands (i.e. anticipation and decision-making) however remain problematic for coaches in the training environment. The BiBCOM project will enable coaches to adapt and modify the training demands to both players individually and collectively. This will enable measurements of decision making and ‘thinking under pressure’ to be captured and analysed. This will be a unique opportunity for coaches to and analysts, as there is currently no product on the market that possesses this functionality.